VAT (similar to sales tax) is automatically charged on a wide range of goods and services sold within the European Union and some other non-EU countries. The VAT rate varies.
The items that can be eligible for VAT refunds are expenses that have been incurred
* Taxis, car hire and transportation
* Hotel bills and accommodation
* Restaurant meals and subsistence
* Business entertaining
* Conferences, trade exhibitions and training courses
* Marketing and advertising, promotional materials and printing
These vary according to the country and may have restrictions. There are also time limits when making a claim, so it is important to understand the requirements in each country.
Content provided by the Event Organisers' Guide by Trinity Conferences Ltd