Built in 1968, the hotel was redesigned to coincide with the 1984 Open Championship and reopened by HRH The Princess Royal. Kohler Co. acquired the hotel in October 2004 and the comprehensive investment programme is now complete.
144 guest bedrooms including 35 suites
23 luxurious suites designed by Jacques Garcia
• 24-hour room service
• Views over the Old Course towards St Andrews, the beach & the sea or across the fields and hills of Fife
• Majority with private balconies
• Suites with bedroom & living room (with the exception of the parkland facing, Junior Suites which do not feature a separate living room)
• Suites have large bathrooms, some with chromatherapy (colour therapy) baths
• The majority of bathrooms throughout the resort feature the distinctive Kohler Bathroom Products
• Suites and rooms with Clock Radio, USB charging points and Apple AirPlay
• Television featuring hotel information system/movies
• Wireless connectivity
• Bathrobes & slippers
• Ironing station
• Full concierge service
• Laundry, dry cleaning and shoe cleaning service, same day
• 24-hour porterage
• Golf Valet Service: club and shoe cleaning
• Chauffeur Service
• Free Parking
• Airport transfers
• Complimentary transfer to and from The Duke’s and to the St Andrews Links Courses as required for a small charge
Kohler Waters Spa:
• Opened March 2006
• Eleven treatment rooms, thermal suite featuring hydrotherapy pool, plunge pool, Japanese steam room and light therapy sauna, extended pool featuring a spectacular waterfall, fitness suite, exercise studio, crystal steam rooms, nail studio and roof top deck with hot tub and relaxation area
• Kohler Waters Spa experiences harness the therapeutic benefits of water, providing remineralisation using the healing properties of dried seawater composed of over 100 trace minerals
• Remineralising treatments focussing on every cell in the body being nourished. Trace minerals are absorbed into the body through the skin’s surface to replace those depleted through stress, improper diet and environmental factors. Remineralising treatments re-create the healing properties of Earth’s natural mineral-rich waters. Returning to basic water rituals is at the heart of Kohler Waters Spa
• Awarded 5 “Bubbles” by the Good Spa Guide.
The Duke’s: St Andrews is widely regarded as the “Home of Golf” and The Duke’s is the only inland course amongst the famous list of the courses that form part of the Royal & Ancient game’s history. The Duke’s has been remodeled by American architect Tim Liddy, a pupil of Pete Dye, one of the best-known names in golf design.
Officially re-opened in June 2006, the new-look par 71 heathland course situated in the 350 acre Craigtoun Park measures 7,512 yards from the back tees
Two miles inland and just a five-minute drive from the Old Course Hotel.
Complimentary transfers to and from Duke’s throughout the day for hotel residents.
Meetings, Conferences & Banqueting
The Old Course Hotel is the perfect location to host meetings, conferences, product launches, incentive trips and weddings with a range of flexible state of the art meeting and event spaces for eight to 380 people
Selection of activities in and around the resort include:
• Kite surfing, parakarting or power kiting on the beach
• Tours of historic sites, towns or villages
• Whisky distillery tour, whisky / wine tasting.
• Beach and coastal walks and cycling
• Seaplane or helicopter tours
• River, loch or sea fishing
• Off road driving and quad biking
• Golf (and golf equipment hire)
Not Forgetting …
Spectacular views of the Fife coastline and the beach - immortalised in the Oscar-winning movie Chariots of Fire….