Jane Longhurst, chief executive of the Meetings Industry Association, said:
“The Meetings Industry Association (mia) welcomes this comprehensive package as a result of the industry’s ongoing collective request for financial support for the business meetings and events sector.
We continue to seek recognition for the struggles this sector is facing so, it was reassuring that this announcement covers all businesses.
“Despite the promises made, it remains unclear whether properties such as hotels and attractions are expected to continue without disruption to guests, staff and business.
“It is good news that the financial measures will include our sector for the next three months and safeguard the continued employment of our talented workforce.
“The mia will continue to engage and listen to its members and the industry who will ensure that these promises are accessible, effective and kept.
“We encourage the industry to share their experiences and challenges with the mia at: firstname.lastname@example.org.”
NOTES TO EDITOR
About the mia
The mia is one of the fastest growing associations in the conference, meetings and events sector, founded by a proactive group of hotel and conference centre operators and booking agents to lead the conference, meetings and events industry, providing accreditation, industry awards, research and a voice to government. It has 800 accredited members.
The mia supports members by:
- Providing extensive regional networking opportunities on a monthly basis.
- Helping them to achieve the highest standards of facilities and service through achievement of AIM, the industry standard of quality and excellence.
- Providing a library of best practice and quality standards guidelines.
- Promoting AIM to industry buyers.
- Delivering tangible benefits which support members in the achievement of their own business goals.
- By the provision of information, education, research and advice all of which lead to improved business performance.
- By sharing issues of sector importance with them.
- By raising the profile of business tourism with government.
Steve Jones, Managing Director, Wyboston Lakes
Charles Sargeant, Managing Director, Whittlebury Park
Kay England, Chief Executive, Imago
Nick Milne, Hon. Secretary
Ivor Turner, Hon. Treasurer
Warren Campbell, General Manager, 15Hatfields
Nigel Collett, Director, One Wimpole Street
Rob Flinter, General Manager, Park Plaza London Riverbank
Dawn Jaynes, Director of Sales Meetings, Events and Support Services Northern Europe, Accor
Jennifer Jensen, Head of Business Tourism at Marketing Liverpool
John Nugent, Chief Executive, Green & Fortune
Mark Taylor, Chief Executive, QEII Centre
For media enquiries, please contact Custard Communications on email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 740747