Business owners have given a big thumbs up to Milton Keynes Business Centre following its long-awaited £70,000 makeover.
The work highlights the continued commitment of the Capital Space team to investing in facilities and improving the quality of accommodation for the small- and medium-sized business customers who call Capital Space’s business accommodation home.
Keith McLean, from the office of the local MP, said: “It’s much better, more professional and welcoming. It gives the impression of entrepreneurism and commercial success.”
Tim Daily, of the Mortgage Solutions Centre, said: “It’s beautiful, more welcoming for our clients and visitors generally. It’s a nicer atmosphere to work in.”
Adam Lamb, of Focus IT Recruitment, said: “It’s a massive improvement and more spacious. It helps us massively because it’s the waiting hub for our candidates. They can be waiting here for a period of time and it creates a first good impression.”
The renovations have improved the reception, providing a larger meet-and-greet space for customers and visitors as well as more storage and flexibility for the on-site management team.
“We’ve had a very busy and successful period at Milton Keynes and it only looks set to continue. The reception project follows on from recent investments right across the site, including a full upgrade to LED lighting, ongoing communal area redecoration, a re-carpeting project and installation of solar panels,” commented Milton Keynes Business Centre manager, Matt Roberts.
“We’re excited to reveal our new reception to customers and look forward to continuing to support all our customers and visitors with great service and great facilities.”
The work was carried out over a period of four weeks, costing around £70,000. It included:
* Replacement of internal draft lobby with new external porch
* Adjustment of entrance pedestrian path to create a walkway to the new porch
* Alterations to the reception layout, creating a more open, spacious and modern reception area
* New lighting and decorations throughout the reception building
* New carpets and entrance matting
* Creation of a small breakout area and meeting room as well as a purpose-built storeroom for business support services.