How do you start the planning process and choose a perfect conference venue?
The selection of your conference venue will have great impact on the tone and style of your event. Birmingham offers several outstanding venues which are sure to be a hit with all delegates. Nevertheless, it’s crucial you pay attention to the important details to ensure you choose your space wisely. Here are five details to assess when observing potential Birmingham venues:
1. Location – ensure you select a venue with a convenient location in order to maximise attendance. Finer details such as close links to public transport and the motorway network, free car parking and easy access to Birmingham’s city centre are considered a paramount of importance for delegates.
2. Capacity – your selected venue should seat all delegates comfortably, with additional space to take regular breaks and network.
3. Support – having the support and guidance of a dedicated events co-ordinator will help relieve any additional stresses you may face on the day of the conference.
4. Facilities – choose a venue that possess all the amenities you may require for your conference such as, loading doors, ground floor access, AV equipment and free Wi-Fi.
5. Budget – always consider your event budget when viewing conference venues around Birmingham. If you do find the perfect venue, don’t be afraid to negotiate for a lower cost!
How do you close your event with a conference checklist?
Regardless of how well your conference was carried out, there is always room for improvement and a lot of organisers forget the importance of reviewing their completed conference. By developing an accurate and specific checklist you’ll be able to plan, delegate and check off your outstanding tasks. Use these checklist ideas to create a post-conference review:
• Ensure you thank all your delegates for attending
• Review your delegate surveys
• Collect all outstanding payments
• Create and develop a post-conference report highlighting areas of improvement for your next conference.
Don’t forget to visit the H Suite for additional assistance on Conference Venues in Birmingham: https://www.thehsuite.co.uk/