This AA 4 Star BEST WESTERN PLUS Connaught Hotel and Spa is Trip Advisor’s No 1 Bournemouth Hotel with a double rosette restaurant, a magnificent spa and complimentary parking for 66 cars. The hotel is located in the heart of Bournemouth on the West Cliff and is just a 5 minute walk to the BIC, the lively town centre and beaches. Having lovingly retained its classy 19th century facade – from the impressive pillared entrance to the romantic red ivy-clad walls – the hotel goes for modern chic inside with nicely furnished bedrooms and soft and comfortable beds to sink into at night. Work up an appetite in the hotel’s Bluewater Spa, featuring an 18m pool, two gyms and deluxe spa pool, and refuel at Blakes, the hotel’s double rosette restaurant, overlooking the beautiful terrace garden or relax and unwind in the Connaught Brasserie. A GUARANTEED parking space when booking executive rooms or suites direct with the hotel.
– The Connaught has 5 ground floor Conference Suites, all with natural light, free WiFi, ease of access for wheelchair users and all with direct access to outside terraces. The largest suite, The Franklyn, can accommodate up to 180 delegates and is an "exclusively yours" very private conference venue with its own entrance, 26 en-suite bedrooms, a conference suite, lounge area with a private bar and a separate boardroom. The Business Centre comprises two rooms, Priory 1 and 2, separated by its own breakout area for light refreshments. The Franklyn Suite and the Blakes’ Suite both open on to the very sheltered, beautiful garden terrace which is ideal for those “summer parties”.
– Approximately 800m2 of lawned garden and terracing nestled between the two buildings, the garden offers a very private area for summer parties, barbecues, lunches, breakout meetings, private al fresco dining and weddings, etc. A rare commodity in Bournemouth, this garden is exclusively accessed from both the Franklyn Suite and Blakes.
– The Connaught boasts a fully equipped Spa with an 18m heated swimming pool and fully integrated spa pool, a beautiful aromatherapy steam room and sauna, and 2 gymnasiums – Cardio-vascular gym with “state of the art” Technogym treadmills and a separate Resistance Gym with a vast range of free weights. The Spa also offers a range of traditional aromatherapy, Swedish or hot stone massages, Indian head massages, facials, manicures and pedicures.
– The Connaught has been awarded Tripadvisor's Certificate of Excellence 2014 and 2015 for both the hotel and Blakes restaurant and a Silver Shield by Green Tourism for Business. In 2015 we have also been awarded with Bournemouth Tourism's best large hotel experience. The hotel restaurant, Blakes, has been awarded by the AA with a double rosette since 2011.
– Lord Clement-Jones
”Please pass on my sincere thanks to all the staff who helped make the event a success”
– Bob Lunn, Operations Director
”Your hotel provided an excellent and very comfortable venue for our event, made even more so by the excellent help and assistance provided by all of your staff. Their attitude and assistance did much to help make our event the success that it undoubtedly was.”
Dorset Chamber of Commerce
– Malcolm Scott-Walby, President.
“The food, service and ambiance at the Connaught Hotel were excellent. Isn’t it an absolute joy to go to a British hotel where every request is met with a smile and a willingness to please the guest”