Whether it's a company training day or an annual general meeting, these venues also regularly host corporate hospitality functions and offer quality accommodation for delegates, with reasonable room hire and 24-hour delegate rates.
For wedding and civil ceremony planners, 4-5 star hotels in London represent a certain vision. Most can tailor their environment to suit a desired tone, with the dramatic Square Mile skyline as a backdrop. These venues can offer special attractions such as a gym, leisure facilities or a swimming pool, with elegant bars for drinks and quality restaurants.
For event organisers, entertaining your delegates is easy. London has some of the world's finest museums and art galleries, along with thousands of cafes and restaurants. Over 300 languages are spoken in the capital, representing a remarkable diversity of cultures, so there's something for everyone.
The city is easily accessible and has transport links to a number of national and international destinations, with major airports, extensive road networks and the famous Underground tube system.
The world’s most visited city by international arrivals, London is a vast nerve centre of business, culture and history. A hub for conferencing innovation, the city generates approximately 30% of the UK’s GDP and vies with New York City as the most important location for international finance.
Conference organisers have an unparalleled range of choice when it comes to finding a venue in the capital. London has thousands of venues to suit every style, budget and requirement, from an intimate roof garden for an evening function to huge world-class exhibition centres.
London’s largest industry is finance, with more than half the FTSE 100 and over a fifth of Europe’s 500 largest companies based in the capital. It’s also home to leading media organisations like the BBC, major newspapers and 43 universities and colleges, making it the best city in Europe for building business connections and sourcing inspirational speakers.
With transport links to just about anywhere on the globe for international delegates, most venues are easily accessible by intercity road or rail. As a global leader in tourism, London has more than 125,000 hotel rooms from luxury hotels to university dorms. Over 300 languages are spoken in the capital, representing a remarkable diversity with cultures from around the world. In 2012, London became the first city to host the Olympics three times, an event that provided a significant boost to the hospitality industry.
London is home to several of the world’s busiest international airports: Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton Airport,
London City Airport, London Southend Airport and Stansted, which is the main hub for budget
Commuters in the capital get around the city by using the London Underground, colloquially known
as the Tube. Oyster card users get cheaper travel rates, used by swiping at the barriers. There’s also
the London Overground, Docklands Light Railway and Tramlink.
National rail links include 18 major stations providing commuter, intercity, airport and international services:
- Euston for: the West Midlands, North Wales, North West England and Scotland including
- Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
- King's Cross for: the East Midlands, Yorkshire, North East England and Scotland including
- Peterborough, Cambridge, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Edinburgh.
- Liverpool Street for: East Anglia including Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich.
- Charing Cross and London Bridge for: South East England and the South Coast, including the Medway towns, Canterbury and Dover.
- Paddington for: South West England and South Wales including Oxford, Bristol, Plymouth and Cardiff.
- Victoria for: South East England and the South Coast, including Brighton, Canterbury and Dover.
- Waterloo for: South West England and the South Coast, including Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Weymouth.
- Marylebone for: Chiltern Mainline, including Aylesbury, High Wycombe and Birmingham Snow Hill
- St Pancras International provides links to Paris Gare du Nord and Brussels Midi via the Eurostar.
London is a major hub for many of the UK’s biggest and most important road networks. There are
three main ring road systems linking most of these routes:
- The Inner Ring Road, circumnavigating the congestion charge zone
- The North Circular (A406) and South Circular (A205) covering many suburban areas
- The M25 providing access to most of London, including Heathrow Airport
The congestion charge zone requires motor vehicle users in the city centre to pay a £10 fee between
07:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday. The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, introduced the Barclays Cycle
Hire scheme (popularly known as Boris Bikes) as a way of offsetting the congestion charge. Users can
hire public bikes for a small fee from one of various locations around London.
September DDR £50.00 incl VAT
(from: 19/09/2017 to 30/09/2017)
Day Delegate rate £50.00 incl VAT to include:
• Main plenary room hire (09:00 -- 17:00)
• Arrival Tea/Coffee/Flapjacks
• Mid-Morning Tea/Coffee/Biscuits
• Chef's Choice Stand-up Hot/Cold Buffet L... more
Chelsea Football Club
Refresher Rate From £55+VAT pp
(from: 15/08/2017 to 28/12/2018)
Arrival tea coffee and bacon rolls/pastries or porridge station
Mid-morning tea and coffee with refreshments
Chefs choice buffet lunch or Street Food Stations
Main meeting room hire
Afternoon tea ... more
Chelsea Football Club
Snowflake Suite package
(from: 13/11/2017 to 29/12/2017)
Celebrate your office Christmas party at Stamford Bridge. Whether shared or exclusive, we will ensure you have a magical night.
Traditional Carvery | £65+VAT per person
• Arri... more
Private Christmas Package
(from: 14/11/2017 to 15/02/2018)
With its amazing wave-form ceiling, our Ocean Suite is a spectacular space which can accommodate
up to 264 guests. We also have a range of other rooms to suit any size of party, from an intimate pr... more
Dukes London Hotel
Summer meetings at DUKES LONDON
(from: 25/07/2017 to 31/08/2018)
Enjoy a relaxing picnic in Green Park, or a traditional British Afternoon Tea during your lunch break, when you book a meeting at DUKES LONDON this summer!
Our summer Daily Delegate Rate package at... more
Hilton London Canary Wharf
Christmas & NYE 2017
(from: 06/09/2017 to 31/01/2019)
Your perfect Christmas with Hilton London Canary Wharf
From our famed hospitality, unique spaces and great locations to our experienced team pulling it all together, you can enjoy a Christmas celeb... more