Whether it's a company training day or an annual general meeting, these venues also regularly host corporate hospitality functions and offer quality accommodation for delegates, with reasonable room hire and 24-hour delegate rates.
For wedding and civil ceremony planners, 4-5 star hotels in London represent a certain vision. Most can tailor their environment to suit a desired tone, with the dramatic Square Mile skyline as a backdrop. These venues can offer special attractions such as a gym, leisure facilities or a swimming pool, with elegant bars for drinks and quality restaurants.
For event organisers, entertaining your delegates is easy. London has some of the world's finest museums and art galleries, along with thousands of cafes and restaurants. Over 300 languages are spoken in the capital, representing a remarkable diversity of cultures, so there's something for everyone.
The city is easily accessible and has transport links to a number of national and international destinations, with major airports, extensive road networks and the famous Underground tube system.
The world’s most visited city by international arrivals, London is a vast nerve centre of business, culture and history. A hub for conferencing innovation, the city generates approximately 30% of the UK’s GDP and vies with New York City as the most important location for international finance.
Conference organisers have an unparalleled range of choice when it comes to finding a venue in the capital. London has thousands of venues to suit every style, budget and requirement, from an intimate roof garden for an evening function to huge world-class exhibition centres.
London’s largest industry is finance, with more than half the FTSE 100 and over a fifth of Europe’s 500 largest companies based in the capital. It’s also home to leading media organisations like the BBC, major newspapers and 43 universities and colleges, making it the best city in Europe for building business connections and sourcing inspirational speakers.
With transport links to just about anywhere on the globe for international delegates, most venues are easily accessible by intercity road or rail. As a global leader in tourism, London has more than 125,000 hotel rooms from luxury hotels to university dorms. Over 300 languages are spoken in the capital, representing a remarkable diversity with cultures from around the world. In 2012, London became the first city to host the Olympics three times, an event that provided a significant boost to the hospitality industry.
London is home to several of the world’s busiest international airports: Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton Airport,
London City Airport, London Southend Airport and Stansted, which is the main hub for budget
Commuters in the capital get around the city by using the London Underground, colloquially known
as the Tube. Oyster card users get cheaper travel rates, used by swiping at the barriers. There’s also
the London Overground, Docklands Light Railway and Tramlink.
National rail links include 18 major stations providing commuter, intercity, airport and international services:
- Euston for: the West Midlands, North Wales, North West England and Scotland including
- Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
- King's Cross for: the East Midlands, Yorkshire, North East England and Scotland including
- Peterborough, Cambridge, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Edinburgh.
- Liverpool Street for: East Anglia including Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich.
- Charing Cross and London Bridge for: South East England and the South Coast, including the Medway towns, Canterbury and Dover.
- Paddington for: South West England and South Wales including Oxford, Bristol, Plymouth and Cardiff.
- Victoria for: South East England and the South Coast, including Brighton, Canterbury and Dover.
- Waterloo for: South West England and the South Coast, including Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Weymouth.
- Marylebone for: Chiltern Mainline, including Aylesbury, High Wycombe and Birmingham Snow Hill
- St Pancras International provides links to Paris Gare du Nord and Brussels Midi via the Eurostar.
London is a major hub for many of the UK’s biggest and most important road networks. There are
three main ring road systems linking most of these routes:
- The Inner Ring Road, circumnavigating the congestion charge zone
- The North Circular (A406) and South Circular (A205) covering many suburban areas
- The M25 providing access to most of London, including Heathrow Airport
The congestion charge zone requires motor vehicle users in the city centre to pay a £10 fee between
07:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday. The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, introduced the Barclays Cycle
Hire scheme (popularly known as Boris Bikes) as a way of offsetting the congestion charge. Users can
hire public bikes for a small fee from one of various locations around London.
August DDR from £39.00 inc VAT
(from: 01/08/2017 to 31/08/2017)
DDR from £39.00 inc VAT (£37.50 net) including:
• Main plenary room hire (09:00 – 17:00)
• Arrival Tea/Coffee/Flapjacks
• Mid-Morning Tea/Coffee/Biscuits
• Chef's Choice Stand-up Hot/Cold Fork B... more
The Bloomsbury Hotel
(from: 17/03/2017 to 30/06/2017)
Book your meeting at one of our perfectly located hotels and be rewarded with a personalised gift from Aspinal of London - such as an overnight bag, laptop bag or Marylebone tote.
And there’s more.... more
Chelsea Football Club
Play on the Chelsea pitch!
(from: 24/05/2017 to 10/06/2017)
THE HALLOWED TURF IS CALLING!
Host your very own team building event or family fun day, or turn that fantasy football tournament into a reality on the Stamford Bridge pitch. Complete your day with ... more
Chelsea Football Club
Summer Garden Package
(from: 25/05/2017 to 06/08/2017)
Summer Garden Package
For an alternative event this summer, enjoy exclusive hire of our summer garden at Stamford Bridge to host your very own barbecue party. Watch the summer sport on our TVs, rel... more
The Exclusive Summer Offer!!!
(from: 26/07/2016 to 11/09/2017)
From Monday 25th of July 2016 until Sunday 11th of September 2016
The exclusive Summer offer – DDR from £50.00
Book a meeting and take advantage of a special Day Delegate Rate from £50.00 per person... more
The Grosvenor - a Guoman Hotel
Easter DDR Promotion
(from: 10/04/2017 to 23/04/2017)
We are offering a DDR at £55.00 inclusive of VAT that includes the suite with still and sparkling mineral water, stationary, mini Easter eggs, Wi-Fi, LCD projector, screen and flipchart plus 3 refresh... more